Sunday, April 29, 2012

We Have Chickens!

Tom went to Wilco today to buy some new wooden stakes for our company yard signs.  When he came home, he started talking to me about how they had all these adorable baby chicks (adorable was not exactly the word he used) and that it might be cool to get some.  But then he said maybe not, it might be too much work, and probably just not right now.  Of course, I convinced him otherwise! Muahahahaha!!!  So Tom left home, and came back with 12 lil chickies!  I was so excited!  I mean, we already have a garden shed that is practically a chicken coop, (we just need to make some windows and a chicken door) and I mean, Tom is a general contractor.  It will be such a piece of cake for him to make some nests inside the coop, and an outdoor run.  Right?
Skyler was so excited when Tom brought them home!  I picked a few up, and let him pet them.  Later he told me that he just couldn't stop smiling because he was so happy!  And we "never had chickens before mommy!"  His happiness and excitement was all I needed to know that this was gonna be an awesome adventure!  I cant wait for the first egg to be laid, and to make breakfast with it!  Skyler and Caylee are going to have so much fun helping collect all the eggs from the hens, and help with feeding them.
Tom also agreed to pick up all the supplies I need to make my raised vegetable garden...Its like farm life in the city!  I will be sharing progress pics of everything form start to finish!
This is going to be such a fun summer, and I cannot wait for all of it to unfold!










No comments:

Post a Comment